Saturday, September 27, 2008

Welcome to Fall!



Fall is here! Some of you may be thinking, "So What?" Let me remind you of something. I'm from Texas. Southeast Texas. We don't exactly have Fall in Southeast Texas. It usually just goes from blazing hot to not-so-hot. And pine trees don't exactly have a wide range of fall colors. I mean, they're evergreens. If they're not green, they're brown and dead. So this view from our back balcony is a welcome sight me. It's just beautiful to watch the leaves change as the days go by. Nevermind that it took me a week to actually notice what was happening right outside my bedroom window. It really was a sorry week, weather-wise. It rained almost everyday and never really got above 55. Friday brought a welcome reprieve with clear, sunny skies and temperatures in the 60's. Aside from the weather, things are going really good. We've become good friends with a couple of girls from Germany and have had a lot of fun feeding them a wide range of American specialty foods. Next week, we're going to our first fotbal (soccer) match so we'll have some pictures from that up soon. That's all for now!

3 comments:

The Massons said...

you texans are so deprived of so much beauty in the world! :)

Tay and Teigan said...

Haha I get so giddy about the changing leaves too. Must be a Texas thing :). They are gorgeous!

The Beasley Family said...

But I've NEVER had to use snow tires!!