Monday, June 2, 2008

Meniscus and Ostrich

So I started having some knee trouble about a month ago. Not really sure what exactly I did to it but I went in and found out I have a torn meniscus. That's the boring part. The cool part is, I have the pictures from the MRI.



I call this one the ostrich...That's right, the inside of my knee looks like an ostrich!


And there it is folks. That little white blob is a tear in the medial meniscus of my right knee. Cool, huh?

In other news, we met a Czech student! We had coffee with a real live Czech student and not only does he want to have coffee again (or "do something active," he said), but he also wants us to meet his girlfriend! We're really excited about our new friend. Also, we're really excited that our baby nephew, Caleb is doing better. He had a rough go of things, to say the least. For the full story from his mom, click here. She hasn't updated since last week but they are home now and Caleb is doing fine. Whew! Saturday, we said goodbye to a student team from Georgia who had been here working with us for two weeks. The did leave behind two summer interns as a present, though. We have another team coming in Wednesday, so between all that and Dr. visits, I'll try to get some more pictures up eventually. You know, ones with faces of actual people instead of ostriches...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! what a dirty bird. I hope your knee gets back to normal soon - you know, looking more like an emu.
-Jesse

lankris said...

I'm not going to lie... your ostrich knee scares me. So what the heck!? Are you going to need surgery?

Brenda said...

you nut....

The Massons said...

ok so who has the bad knee? matt or valerie? am i confused?