Sunday, February 24, 2008

FPO Life

So we've been here for almost 3 weeks now. I thought it would be nice to map out a typical day here. So here goes...We wake up at about 6:15 and Matt goes to work out (at least he does most mornings). It's his goal to get in shape while we're here so he doesn't die with all the walking overseas. I lay in bed until about 6:30 or 6:45 when I finally decide to get up and get in the shower. Matt usually stops by the dining hall (all meals are cafeteria style) to grab some breakfast and some fruit for me. By that time I'm almost ready and we eat some breakfast together and head out to our sessions, which start at 8 a.m. Lately, though, we've had a small group Bible study in our Quad until 9 so I haven't had to go anywhere until then. We're usually in sessions until about 3, with an hour break for lunch. From then until dinner, we hang out and I've taken to short jogs down the road (about 2 miles), which is much more hilly than anything in Texas (super tough!). Dinner is from 5 to 6, and you'd better be out by 6 because they start putting food up and vacuuming. Then we have the evening to work on stuff or hang out with friends. Saturdays we usually have off except the past two we've had ESL training all day long...9 to 5. Pretty rough. Sundays, we do "house church" with our small groups and then have the rest of the day to ourselves. And then it starts all over again. Sometimes I feel like I haven't seen Matt all day, even though I've been sitting right next to him all day. I'm finding myself missing our old life of Friday nights watching a RedBox movie, eating popcorn, and laying on the couch together. I'm sure we'll find a new thing that's "our thing" soon enough. Most people say FPO is harder than being on the field at first. Believe it or not, it's pretty tiring sitting and listening all day long. We just go from one session to the next all day. I can feel myself slipping into a coma at about 2:30 and it's so hard to stay awake! Most of the classes have been pretty good. Like anything, though, some of the classes are pretty hard to sit through. Overall it's okay, though, and we're learning a lot. The more we learn, though, the more eager we are to get to Prague and get to work. I guess it'll come soon enough, though. Anyway, that's our life right now! I'll try to get some pics of our apartment so you can see our new home. I've got to clean up, first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Valerie & Unka matt,

wiggle wiggle wiggle

i miss you...
hdjfhggvbfvf siler

xoxoxoxo